Monday, February 27, 2012

D.I.Y. FSC Lures - Take 2

After making the first lure it gave me the confidence to make another more in line with the lures I generally use.

I've corrected a couple of things such as the distance between hooks and using a continuous stainless steel wire from front to back for the hooks.

This one is a "Slim" 14 cm Sinking (20 gr). It will have a bib which I've been practising making out of CD covers. I glue 2 bits together for strength and give the front a concave shape with my Dremel. The angle, width and length is something I'm still testing to see the difference in swimming action produced.




This time I'll be painting it bright yellow with a white belly ready for the coming season.

As they say, the proof is in the pudding.

Happy Fishing

4 comments:

  1. Tiene muy buena pinta!
    A ver que tal funciona en el agua.
    Un abrazo crack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint one with light tan on head and back with silver sides and underbelly and send it to me for testing.That is one of the best shapes i have seen for a bass bait you will do very well with that lure and congratulations on making it.Most of my best bass were on home made baits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias Raúl

    Thanks MrKinfisher. I'll wait to see how it swims and if all goes well We'll sort something out.

    All the best. Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Frank,

    It look really good, congratulation!

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete