Sunday, March 18, 2012

Home Made Jigs

Bait Fish Style Jigs

As I’ve mentioned I make my own squid jigs and unlike my lures I’m very good at making them. I make two types each in three different sizes. The shrimp style and the bait fish style. Today I’ll show you some pics and a video on the fish type.


Notice how the bait fish swimming around are attracted to the jig. I myself was unaware of this until I saw the videos (I have several videos). In all of them the bait fish suddenly appear and follow the jig around. I had never noticed this until I got the Go Pro as you can’t actually see this activity from the surface.


I tried for a short while to catch a squid for the video but the weather was terrible and they don't attack as well during the day as they do at night.

Happy Fishing

2 comments:

  1. Hi Frank,

    Very good action in the water, well done, these lures should definitively catch you a feed.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate!

    I hope the weather here calms down enough to post some fishing soon!

    I read you guys had a lucky escape from natures worst!

    ReplyDelete